Saturday 2 November 2013

Recipe Infographic

Recipe Infographic Mood Board


Before deciding on my recipe I decided to research the task where I came across these recipe infographics. I really like the illustrated ones so I would like to try out that style for my own. I do find some of them a little too busy and confusing so when looking for a recipe I want to choose a relatively easy one with only a few steps.


Chosen Recipe: American Pancakes



I found this American pancake recipe on pinterest and I chose it because it is a popular food and also has quick and easy steps so I won't have too much information to have on a page. I chose this recipe specifically because it is based on the IHOP (American breakfast diner) pancakes which are delicious.




Pancake Research & Personal Comments






Mood Boards:



Before I started designing I made some mood boards for each of the ingredients to get my brain thinking about what I could do for my infographic. As I was typing out each ingredient the idea of periodic table elements came to my mind so I started to play around with how the ingredient would
look as an element.




Recipe Initial Sketches:



I had decided on the periodic table elements and science equipment theme I started to sketch out some objects that I could use in my recipe infographic.


Recipe Final Layout Sketches:



I then sketched out a basic layout for how I would have the recipe. I tried to keep it as simple as possible by having basic 2D science equipment as the mixing bowls.


Development

















Final Recipe Infographic:




No comments:

Post a Comment